The silent shreat in your tap: What are PFAS and how to protect the water you drink from them
Have you ever poured a glass of water and wondered what exactly you're drinking? While many associate clean water with a healthy lifestyle, the reality is, our water sources are increasingly infiltrated by a class of invisible contaminants called PFAS.
PFAS meaning and their chemicals
PFAS, short for per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, are synthetic compounds commonly referred to as "forever chemicals" due to their enduring presence in the environment. These compounds, characterized by a distinctive carbon-fluorine bond, are extensively utilized in industrial and consumer products for their water- and grease-resistant properties. Unfortunately, their robust molecular structure makes them resistant to natural degradation, resulting in their infiltration into water sources.
The term "forever chemicals" is aptly chosen, as these man-made molecules exhibit exceptional persistence. They resist easy breakdown and have the capacity to bioaccumulate in our bodies over time. Consequently, PFAS have been associated with various health concerns, including:
- Increased risk of certain cancers
- Liver damage
- Thyroid problems
- Developmental delays in children
The alarming reality is that PFAS are surprisingly prevalent. According to https://pfas-exchange.org/what-are-pfas/ , approximately 110 million Americans are exposed to these contaminants when consuming drinking water, and 98 percent have found them in their bodies. PFAS have been found in:
- Drinking water from both public and private wells
- Fish and shellfish
- Fruits and vegetables grown in contaminated soil
- Household dust
- Even some food packaging and cooking utensils
While the EPA is taking steps to regulate PFAS levels in drinking water, the current limits are still under debate by many scientists and health professionals. So, what can you do to protect yourself and your family?
Smart Filter with TriWay technology
Here's where a good water filter comes in. Not all filters are created equal, though. To effectively tackle PFAS, you need a filter that's specifically designed for deep filtration: a Smart Filter from Acqualive that carries an exclusive technology called TriWay.
While common filters offer a line of defense, Acqualive’s Smart Filters pushes the boundaries by offering water that is beyond clean and safe, but also ionized, alkaline with the potential to actively mitigate PFAS exposure.
Acqualive's Smart Filters go beyond basic filtration:
- Advanced multi-stage technology: Removes impurities like chlorine, heavy metals, viruses, bacterias, microplastics, pesticides, and even emerging contaminants like PFAS.
- Ionization wonder: Creates hydrogen-rich, antioxidant water that can help neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals generated by PFAS.
- Magnesium boost: Adds essential magnesium, a mineral known to play a role in detoxification and cellular repair.
Here's how Acqualive can empower you against PFAS:
- Support detoxification: The antioxidant properties of alkaline and ionized water may help flush out PFAS and other toxins from your system.
- Enhance hydration: alkaline and ionized water is known to be more hydrating than tap water, which can be crucial for promoting healthy elimination of toxins.
Investing in a Smart Filter from Acqualive isn't just about filtering out PFAS; it's about taking a proactive step towards overall health and well-being. With their commitment to innovation, research, and sustainability, Acqualive empowers you to take control of the quality of your water!
Ready to ditch the "forever chemicals" and embrace the power of alkaline and ionized water? Explore Acqualive and unlock a world of pure, healthy hydration!
Stay hydrated, stay healthy!